Savings and Development Dialogue Ghana
Seeking Passionate Volunteers
Savings and Development Dialogue (SDD-Ghana) is an advocacy and policy-oriented Civil Society Organization. SDD generates evidence from a broad portfolio of work to improve public policies towards economic transformation and well-being. SDD makes a business case for social development utilizing its 3is framework; Inspiring, Inclusive and Innovative.
SDD seeks highly motivated volunteers who have a passion for policy and development work. The volunteers will work closely with our team of experts across several themes. Volunteers would have the opportunity to contribute to growth and transformation, and also acquire critical skills and experiences from our team of experts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development of funding proposals, technical briefs and advocacy materials.
- Compilation of briefing materials and provision of research support in the areas of employment and jobs (formal and informal), financial Inclusion, youth work and safety and security among others.
- Logistical and administrative tasks in the SDD office, and other policy dialogue sessions, field surveys and meetings.
- Maintaining databases and similar resources.
- Manage the Social Media platforms of SDD in communicating impact and reasons to be cheerful.
- Support in the designing of Monitoring and Evaluation tools and collect field data for purposes of project improvement, learning and reporting.
- A University Degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance/Accounting, Mathematics/Statistics, Information Technology, Development Studies, Communication, and Agricultural Science. Applicants should have completed National Service at the time of applying for this position;
- Background and interest in youth development, gender, policy work and advocacy desirable;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability and drive to perform in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet.
- Must be resident in Tamale, Northern region, Ghana.
- Volunteers will not be remunerated but may be supported with transport allowances.
How to apply:
Please send an application letter and resume (not more than 4 pages) to;
Closing date for receipt of application: Friday 4th October, 2023.
Note: Females are highly encouraged to apply.